JusanSG I hope by notification you mean the Automatic Popup and continuous ringing sound alert.
If there is only one store owner assigned to a store, and if this is followed, It will always work.
If there are multiple store owners, let's say two, we need to understand how the new order popup works:
- Let's say both Store Owners are Online on the Dashboard page.
- Store Owner 1 open the dashboard at 10:00:00 AM
- Store Owner 2 opened the dashboard at 10:00:10 AM (let's consider few seconds of randomness in opening the dashboard page as there would always be a difference in page loading time)
Let's consider the Refresh rate is set as 10 Seconds in (Admin > Settings > Store Dashboard > New Order Fetch Rate)
Considering all the above things,
- The Store Owner 1 count down starts at 10:00:00 and Store Owner 2 countdown starts at 10:00:10
- Let's say that you get the order at 10:00:15
- Now the first call to fetch new orders will be made at 10:00:10, which is only fetched by Store Owner 1 because Store Owner 2 has not even called the API yet. (Store Owner 2 will only call the API at 10:00:20) - And by that time Store, Owner 1 has already accepted the order.
If Store Owner 1 has not taken any action on the order till 10:00:20, the API to fetch the new orders will consist of the same new order from Store Owner 2 as well.
It is not based on IP or anything. It is a simple recurring call logic.
I hope this makes sense?